‘A good education creates a well rounded individual and provides a path to endless opportunities’. We also create a positive and supportive environment for all our students staying in the UK under our guardianship care and homestay programme.
Who Do We Support?
Host-Link provides a guardianship service for international students under 18, studying full-time in Reading or Oxford areas in the UK. We will care for your child throughout his or her stay in the UK, remain in constant touch with them, the school and the nominated host family. We will keep you regularly informed of your child’s progress.
International students aged under 18 enrolled on a full time course and in full time homestay accommodation attending the following institutions in Reading, Oxford and Bicester :
- language school,
- private school
- College of Further Education
We also offer guardianship to students at boarding schools in oxfordshire and berkshire.
For students on full time courses , educational Organisations in the UK require all their students whose families live overseas to have a Guardian resident in the UK, normally aged over 25 years. It is also now a UK Visa requirement. Whilst at the school, your teacher will take responsibility for academic progress and welfare, but there are times during the term and more especially outside term time, when the College must be able to hand over these responsibilities to a properly appointed Guardian. These responsibilities include:
Acting on behalf of your parents in situations where they are unable to do so due to distance or timing;
looking after your welfare in the UK when the school is closed for holidays (Christmas excluded);
providing a homestay* for you to stay with;
assisting you with things you may need - UK mobile sim card, etc.;
helping you arrange your travel both in the UK (taxi, train or bus) and back home (flight bookings, transfers);
helping you if things go wrong: if you get into trouble at school you may be suspended and asked to leave the school for a period, at short notice
if you have problems with immigration or passports (for example, lost or stolen)
if you get ill and need to go to hospital, or away
Our guardianship service involves:
- Help with the school application
- Arrangement of student and parent airport transfers
- A carefully selected and inspected,welcoming host family for your stay period and when the school is closed (Christmas holidays excluded)
- 24 hour emergency telephone assistance while your child is in the UK
- Ongoing liaison with the school, parent and student with regular updates
- Two visits per year – one at the school / one at the host family
- Term time point of contact for the school in case of emergency
Other services include:
- Attendance at parents’ evenings and school events if required
- Arrangement English Language, revision or holiday programmes if required